Terms and Conditions
1. A deposit of 50% for birthday cakes or £100 for wedding cakes is required when placing an order.
2. The deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
3. Balance payments are due one week prior event date for birthday and other celebration cakes and one month prior wedding day for wedding cakes.
4. If you need to cancel your order and no work has already began on your order or no special supplies have been purchased for your order then the balance payment will be returned to you, but not your deposit. If any special supplies have already been purchased or/and any work started then the cost of these items including hours of work will be deducted from your balance payment to cover costs and time.
5. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
6. As with all cake designs we will endeavour to match colour and style of cake to the best of my abilities and within the constraints of the materials available.
It should be noted that it will not always be possible to exactly match the colours, styles and designs to any picture or photographic references provided to me.
By accepting this contract you acknowledge there will be an element of variation to colours, style and designs in any work that we attempt to create.
7. Collection or delivery and setup as per agreement at time of booking order.
8. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table. Ideal room temperature of 24 degrees or below is recommended.
9. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
10. If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves The Yummy Cake Company’s possession.
11. On occasions we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
12. Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens.
13.Cake stands and other returnable accessories/equipment should be returned in good condition with no damage by the Tuesday following the event if it is held at the weekend. If the event is held on a weekday, then within 2 working days or we may at our discretion retain the deposit.